Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dash Bolt Help

Old 08-05-2016, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Bolt Help

Hello fam,

I have been struggling with this for a year now and it seems no one help. Some stupid audio shop lost the bolts that hold the dash together.

For the life of me, I cannot find replacements anywhere, Stealer does not even have a part number!! The usual hardware stores do not have anything similar - HDepot, Lowes, Grainger,ACE, etc etc. I removed existing bolt to go and match but no cigar

Can someone tell me what this bolt is? The TPI. The head is a 7mm hex.

I am talking about the bolt at the top of the center dash console.
In the little "bathtub"
Jeep JK Unlimited 2011.
Click image for larger version

Name:	bolt.png
Views:	2197
Size:	500.2 KB
ID:	653965
Old 08-05-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably a 4mm .70 bolt with a captured washer. if i rember ill check and see what mine is.
Old 08-05-2016, 04:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i was off. i think i found it tho Disco part number 11029pk. 4.2-1.41x20mm 7mm indexed head 12.5mm od.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Part number

Hi - I'm having the same issue. A car audio outfit lost the screw while installing my audio equipment.

The dealership doesn't have a part number. Has someone found out what and where to source these?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2018, 04:57 PM
SLO
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if you guys found these screws but I had the same issue and ended up having to buy a whole box of them...cant remember how many but in the hundreds. Anyway, I was thinking I could sell them individually to recoup my costs. PM me if you still need them.
The following users liked this post:
LaVoe (04-14-2024)
Old 02-11-2018, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to bump this, but SLO I'm interested in purchasing one of these from you. Can you send me a PM? Also, it'd be great if you could post the details of the bolt (thread size, length, etc) so that others can track this down.

I've spoken with three dealerships, OEM parts suppliers and Jeep tech support (who elevated the question) and I still have not found an answer. I've also purchased several OTS bolts from hardware supply stores with no luck. My dad owns a Jeep JK and I bought him a dash organizer as a gift but I haven't been able to install it because of this! Extremely frustrating.
Old 03-05-2018, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default I’m interested

Originally Posted by SLO
Not sure if you guys found these screws but I had the same issue and ended up having to buy a whole box of them...cant remember how many but in the hundreds. Anyway, I was thinking I could sell them individually to recoup my costs. PM me if you still need them.
I am most certainly interested in one of these
Old 03-17-2018, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Dash bolt

Hi I'm new to the forum and I too need to purchase the dash bolt as . Can you help out?
Old 03-17-2018, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

Default I need that dash bolt

I also need that dash bolt. I guess it' common for audio installers to toss the bolt.
how can I get one or I'll buy the box
what are the numbers for screw?
thanks
Old 03-17-2018, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

Default Want to buy

Originally Posted by SLO
I would like to purchase one

Quick Reply: Dash Bolt Help