Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

dealer flushed heater core twice still no heat on drivers side

Old 11-02-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to have the blend door replaced in my Lincoln. It's a PITA (expensive) if you have to pay to have in done. I think they're dragging their feet so they don't have to pay/ do it under warranty, keep on 'em.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Newbie

Default blend door confustion...

I was told that the blend door on my 08 Jeep Wrangler Sahara is a single piece and not a "split" door that could send more heat to the passenger side and less heat to the drivers side and vice versa.

Can anybody confirm this? It kind of made sense to me, I guess... Do some wranglers have a split door that would allow different amounts of heat to driver and passenger and some wranglers don't have this option?

I got it back today and the heat is like a blow torch! I'm very happy with it.

The kicker? What they did was chemical flush the heater core. Apparently, they chemical flushed the whole system last time and they admitted that they probably didn't give it enough time to soak in????

In February I had the heater core done this same way and it produced similar results... A dramatic increase in heat, just like now.

The obvious concern now is... how long will this last? I can't really argue with the results, as I'm happy with it now... it's extremely hot.

I'm a little confused now as it seems they were right.

Any more input on this?
Old 03-29-2011, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Bunny
I was told that the blend door on my 08 Jeep Wrangler Sahara is a single piece and not a "split" door that could send more heat to the passenger side and less heat to the drivers side and vice versa.

Can anybody confirm this? It kind of made sense to me, I guess... Do some wranglers have a split door that would allow different amounts of heat to driver and passenger and some wranglers don't have this option?

I got it back today and the heat is like a blow torch! I'm very happy with it.

The kicker? What they did was chemical flush the heater core. Apparently, they chemical flushed the whole system last time and they admitted that they probably didn't give it enough time to soak in????

In February I had the heater core done this same way and it produced similar results... A dramatic increase in heat, just like now.

The obvious concern now is... how long will this last? I can't really argue with the results, as I'm happy with it now... it's extremely hot.

I'm a little confused now as it seems they were right.

Any more input on this?
Do you still have good heat on drivers side? Mine is all screwed up again!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

I have an appointment Thursday, 2/16. Same issue. It's driving me nuts. I've been closing the driver side vents and blasting the passenger sides. I'm hoping I don't get the run around.

Quick Reply: dealer flushed heater core twice still no heat on drivers side