Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Differences in gearing and towing capacity

Old 11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences in gearing and towing capacity

I was wondering, if I do not have the 4.10 gears and I add a trailer hitch down the road, what will the towing capacity be? The brochure says the stock towing capacity is only 1000 pounds but the trailer tow group makes it 3500 and wasnt sure if it was the difference in gears or just the fact that it has a hitch that makes the capacity higher. Also, does anyone know exactly how much acceleration is affected by the difference in gears, i.e. 0-60 times with the 3.21 vs the 4.10's. I found the exact jeep that I want close by except for this one doesnt have the 4.10's and I want to make sure I don't regret not getting them. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 410 rear end

How did your driving characteristics change when you added those 33: tires? I wanted to do the same but am up in the air as to weather or not I need the 410 rear end or not? How does is drive on 0 - 60 with stock tires Vs 33" tires?? THanks JDJ

Quick Reply: Differences in gearing and towing capacity