Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Do any Rubicon owners add quick disconects to thier Rubicons ? ~?

Old 01-27-2014, 07:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Do any Rubicon owners add quick disconects to thier Rubicons ? ~?

im wondering if you get more articulation with out any link over the electronic disconect system . some times find myself wondering it they disconected when the button was hit !

just wondering if thiers any benifit to this by adding them to the system and if the electronics would still work ? with the after market disconects
Old 01-27-2014, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run quick discos. I use the e disco when moderate off roading. I completely disco when rock crawling. The d disco certainly does reduce droop on my system.

sent from my work leash
Old 01-27-2014, 07:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default i should have said also this is stock height no lift

im wondering if id get more drop down articulation with out the rubicon system in action
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do rubicons come with longer brake lines so they wont pull apart when disconnected. Do regular jk's need longer brake lines when fully disconnected? Do most people disconnect both front and back sway bars when wheeling or just the front? Sorry for all the questions just curious.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lateralus
Do rubicons come with longer brake lines so they wont pull apart when disconnected. Do regular jk's need longer brake lines when fully disconnected? Do most people disconnect both front and back sway bars when wheeling or just the front? Sorry for all the questions just curious.
Brake lines are all the same. They are plenty long with stock suspension and disconnected sway bar. No reason to disconnect the rear and I don't know anyone who does.

Also, assuming the e-disco is activated properly, articulation will be the same as fully disconnecting. It is possible that won't hold true if you go to a long travel suspension setup.

Quick Reply: Do any Rubicon owners add quick disconects to thier Rubicons ? ~?