Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door adjustments?

Old 10-16-2018, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door adjustments?

Hi, Got a brand new JK two door. The doors take a lot of force to close, and even open, pulling the latch from inside when it disengaged, it makes a pretty loud release sound and feel. It's working perfectly, but wondered if the dealer can adjust these to open/close a bit easier. I'm just worried something's gonna break or loosen by the amount of force needed to fully close them. Kids are 11 and 12, and have to try several times everytime they get in/out, slamming pretty hard to get them to not be "ajar". It's funny because prior I had a TJ, and used to tell them to quit slamming the door. That damn weld around the window is known to crack. So now they have to do the opposite..
Old 10-16-2018, 02:56 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 168 Likes on 144 Posts

The doors are adjustable. The dealer should be able to do it.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Allan (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The dealer can adjust it but be prepared to go behind them. I had them adjust doors on a 15 and after 3 weeks it wasn't any better than when I dropped it off. I picked it up and did my own adjustments. It closes nicer now. They aren't fond of warranty work.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Many of them are hard to close, because of the seals, including mine (yet it still leaks). Roll the window down just a bit and see if it is still tough to close. When I crack my window a bit it gets much easier to close. I just tell everyone to slam it like an old pick-up truck. When I open the door it pops open a coupe of inches without me pushing it.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you adjust it? If it's something simple, I'd rather do it myself.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You have multiple adjustment spots. The hinges on the door, hinges on the body, and the physical latch itself. I'd start with the latch and see what that does for you. It's only two bolts and they're easy to adjust and put back in place if necessary.

Quick Reply: Door adjustments?