Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Door hinge thread

Old 12-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 78 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
If you insist on fixing the hinge you can buy hinge pins https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/crown-...KMN-55395702AE
Yup. Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. How does the old one come out. Threaded or pressure fit?
Old 12-17-2018, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinlee
If you insist on fixing the hinge you can buy hinge pins https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/crown-...KMN-55395702AE
Interesting. Didn't know you could buy just the pin. Seems like an easy press out, press new one back in......hit the top of it with some color match paint so it's not bare.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:51 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
Maybe since some people are on this thread you can help with some replacement part names?

These two black flex hoses I need both plastic pieces that hold it correctly. That stuff snapped as soon as I changed the plugs for the first time.

Also which bump stops do I need to replace these teraflex? Do they screw in or pressure fit? Should I also buy the crown auto or omix replacement factory front upper bumpstops?
If that is an extended TF bumpstop, I'd probably put the same thing in there. They are longer than the factory ones. Confirm what you have, but it looks like the extended one here -

https://www.quadratec.com/products/1...QaAg9gEALw_wcB

Just shoves up and in, although you'd probably have to remove that spring and dig out the broken part still wedged up in the cavity.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrysler should be held responsible for the aluminum to steel issue. Everyone’s hinges are rusting. Who did that in the first place was probably fired but it should be a voluntarily recall for owners...
Old 12-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NeoJeo
Chrysler should be held responsible for the aluminum to steel issue. Everyone’s hinges are rusting. Who did that in the first place was probably fired but it should be a voluntarily recall for owners...
I agree. I made them repaint them after year 2 of ownership and they still turned out like this. Dealer is a joke.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EHarris
I agree. I made them repaint them after year 2 of ownership and they still turned out like this. Dealer is a joke.
thats most likely because they painted and just put the aluminum back touching the steel. Now they put spacers between it so it doesn’t happen.

seriously they should be held accountable. Wonder if any law suit can be filed but they most likely covered that in there warranty specs.
Old 12-19-2018, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by NeoJeo
thats most likely because they painted and just put the aluminum back touching the steel. Now they put spacers between it so it doesn’t happen.

seriously they should be held accountable. Wonder if any law suit can be filed but they most likely covered that in there warranty specs.
Holding them accountable for anything here is impossible. Heavy population and only 4 dealers in the area. They don't care. Line out the door everyday.

Quick Reply: Door hinge thread