Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

door seal leak

Old 10-26-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the record, I have the leak too, but only after periods of sustained precip, and only if standing still. The leak is in the same spot, the upper window seal right above the passenger door handle. I consider myself "lucky" (though I don't like it)--have you seen some of the real leakers?
Old 10-26-2008, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnewbie
thats what i love about this forum, we are some creative SOB's
Too bad the dealerships aren't creative enough. Mine has been in four times for the seal. It's like the b pillar rattle that they can't find or fix. Electrical tape worked great so I got the info. that I needed here. 35000.00 to fix it myself with help from web friends. Thanks all for the valuable info, it's much appreciated!
Old 10-26-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

So is this roof leak a common occurance for all JK's or what? I'm buying a hard top 07 JK tomorrow and really don't want to be hassled by this.

Quick Reply: door seal leak