Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Door will not close - sometimes

Old 05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door will not close - sometimes

Sometimes when I lock the door before I shut it when I'm getting out, it won't shut. I have to unlock it and then lock it again before shutting it. Anyone else seen this? It's happened on both doors now several times. Thanks. It's an 07.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:10 PM
JK Newbie

Default lock jammer

Ouch! Yea, I wouldn't want to do that too many times. Are you still under warranty? That's for sure not sapossed to happen, [I] do that all the time, I don't have that issue, Wonder if it's a module closing the latch too soon. Good luck
Old 05-10-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

there does not seem to be any type of recall on that I have had same prob on my 08 from begining I have taken it in to be adjusted to no avail
Old 05-10-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you talking about the door just not closing all the way? Mine does this all the time with the top on and the windows up. Its the air pressure inside the jeep. You can always just hip check it closed
Old 05-10-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my manual it says that you have to close the door harder than other vehicles. Its designed to keep water out when you're doing water crossings... just slam it and enjoy!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brutalvette
Are you talking about the door just not closing all the way? Mine does this all the time with the top on and the windows up. Its the air pressure inside the jeep. You can always just hip check it closed
No. It happens with the doors off and top down. It is in the closing latch mechanism. I had a different 07 JK that I had to get rid of but could only live 2 months before having to buy another one. It never happened on the other JK which is why it's strange.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 07 has done this many, many, many times. One day i locked it closed it and went into a store. Came back out and the door was wide open. Luckily nothing of value was in it. I looked and it was locked but when I closed it again it was like the latch was not working and it just bounced back open. After unlocking and locking again it closed. I have found that when you lock it sometimes it will appear the round button is in the lock position but sometimes it does not go totally flat or parallel to the door and actually sticks out just a bit. When you close the door it pretty much rejects it and bounces back open. Press the button completely in that very last little bit and it will close fine. Have no idea why and haven't looked into any further. I just know to look twice after closing and locking the door to make sure it didn't bounce open.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 AM
jdk
JK Freak

I have on 07 JKUR and the only problem I have had is my seatbelt will fall in front of the bar and stop the door from closing. When your in a hurry jump out slam the door it sounds a lot like it closes but dosn't.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by jdk
I have on 07 JKUR and the only problem I have had is my seatbelt will fall in front of the bar and stop the door from closing. When your in a hurry jump out slam the door it sounds a lot like it closes but dosn't.
Yep minr does this too. Very annoying
Old 05-12-2012, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I solved the door issue. I took them off! Thanks for the replies.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2718788069.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	315961  

Quick Reply: Door will not close - sometimes