Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Drivers side foam

Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drsekelsky

So... no they haven't released a detailed cause of the problem
Sounds to me like they are keeping their own F up on the DL. Normal car people. Just tell us the truth. It's going to come out sooner or later
Old 03-23-2013, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
From the only press release I am aware of, it was a very wishy-washy explanation. Something about you had to be running bad gas for awhile that caused some pinging. Then it had to be the exact right environmental conditions with hot temperatures and you have to be stressing the motor quite hard with all those other factors present. I call BS. They know precisely why but choose not to say. My belief and hope is that it was a quality control problem. I have 25k on mine and I hope people don't start seeing this happen at 50k or 101k. Lucky for me I bought the lifetime warranty so I should be covered. So far my 2012 has been perfect.

Life time warranty, I gues you are not planning to lift ur Jeep.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lift only voids certian parts. The motor is still covered.

Quick Reply: Drivers side foam