Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

EB light

Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EB light

I'm sure this hase been discussed before, but I am having the EB light come on intermittently. I checked the brake fluid level and it is fine. I do not use my parking brake. When I am driving, it will come on with a beep and sometimes stays on for a few minutes or a few seconds. It does not flash (as it would if the parking brake were engaged). I am driving a 2008 Sahara Unlimited with automatic transmission. Has anyone else experienced this and figured out the problem? I'm kind of thinking it may be the switch for the parking brake but might entertain other suggestions.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, this is a bit humbling. I've been dealing with this light on the dash for some time now. This morning I looked again at the fluid level (I've noticed my brakes felt a bit soft lately). Sure enough, the level was below the minimum mark. I'm sure with the movement of the vehicle it would cause this light to come on. So (I know I shouldn't) I added more fluid (too cold to change brake pads today) and the light has not come on! Here's hoping for warmer weather so I can change my brakes!

Quick Reply: EB light