Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

electrical issues

Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default electrical issues

Hello there,

i have a 2008 jeep wrangler unlimited, my gf has been driving it and when she drives for a short while all the dash lights come on, but everything still works fine no real loss of power or anything. but when you turn it off and turn it back on everything is fine until you start driving again. starts up fine. i'm just assuming that its a sign my alternator is about to go? any thoughts?
Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Have you tested the battery? Our JKs tend to do really weird things like that when the batteries start to go. I'd suspect the battery more than the alternator itself.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Definitely get the battery checked. Back when I had my 07 JK pretty much the same thing happened. Checked the battery at the autoparts store, and sure enough it was dying. Once the battery was replaced, no more mysterious dash lights.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

thanks guys, yeah i will test the battery first before dropping couple hundred on a alternator. hopefully that's the issue, where i live i have to order a new alternator

Quick Reply: electrical issues