Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON

Old 07-04-2018, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON

2 weeks ago I had my ESP, BAS, ABS, Traction Control and BRAKE lights all illuminate on my 2007 JK Rubicon. Checked battery terminals, battery has 12.6V and charging @ 14+. Speedometer, and MPG are still correct, cruise control works, everything seems to work fine but I do not ignore idiot lights. After reading some threads I decided to replace both front speed sensors today, NOTHING!!

DTC Codes:
-----------------
U1417 - Implausible Left Wheel Distance Signal Received
U1418 - Implausible Right Wheel Distance Signal

Has anyone had this exact issue and found a solution?
Old 07-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Rear speed sensors?

Did you read this thread?
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...eceived-68783/

I recommend getting a BlueDriver OBD2 reader, so you can get all the information for a proper code diagnosis. However you got those U1417/U1418 codes via an inexpensive OBD2 code reader, or the ignition method, those methods don't read the ABS module codes. If you get an OBD2 code reader that can read ABS codes, then it will provide you additional codes of the actual wheels or another problem area which communicates with the ABS module. It's difficult to diagnose when you're only getting half the information that's available.

The BlueDriver will also allow you to clear the codes, including the ABS codes. You may be waiting on the system to clear them after it's logged some miles without it.

Last edited by Rednroll; 07-04-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quick Reply: ESP BAS & ABS & BRAKE dash lights ON