Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

U1417-implausible left wheel distance signal received

Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default U1417-implausible left wheel distance signal received

I understand that this is on the Left side of the JEEP but is it front or rear ?
And does anyone have more info on this ?
The following users liked this post:
nicknave28 (06-18-2022)
Old 05-09-2012, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Berra
I understand that this is on the Left side of the JEEP but is it front or rear ?
And does anyone have more info on this ?
rather than start a new thread, I figured I'd raise this one from the dead... I am getting the U1417 code in my odometer when I cycle the key from off to onn 3 times. my dsh is lit up like a christmas tree with the abs esp lights. I replaced the left front and left rear sensors. disco'd the battery for more than half an hour after i did this. als found a broken wire on the left rear sensor harness so i replaced the wire from just above the frame rail to the plug that plugs into the sensor. ANY more help would be much appreciated
Old 05-09-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

This code deals with the CAN C circuits. The problem may be somewhere between the ABS Module and the PCM.

U1417-IMPLAUSIBLE LEFT WHEEL DISTANCE SIGNAL RECEIVED

• When Monitored: Ignition on.
  • Set Condition: The PCM gets an implausible signal over the CAN C circuit from the ABS Module. The circuit is continuously monitored. One Trip fault.

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: center"]Possible Causes
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR FAULT ACTIVE IN ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]CAN C BUS CIRCUIT SHORTED
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]CAN C BUS CIRCUIT OPEN
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]ABS MODULE
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: white, align: left"]POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 05-09-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah that's what I've found. Any chance you can translate? I have no idea what a can c bus is or where it is located. And how about the abs module or PCM. Can anyone point me to where all 3 are?
Old 05-09-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

How long since you fixed the broken wire? That should have set an abs sensor code, which could have then set the U1417 code.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ronjenx
How long since you fixed the broken wire? That should have set an abs sensor code, which could have then set the U1417 code.
Last week. I unplugged the battery for about 40 min and still didn't reset.

Something else that's weird with this. If I turn the jeep off then turn the key slightly so the radio comes on but not far enough that any dash lights come on, I do this at my sons bus stop sometimes waiting, then he gets in so I turn the jeep on and we leave. I turn the jeep on and get about ten feet down the road and the dash lights blink and the jeep feels like its shutting off. No power or anything for maybe 3-5 seconds then it kicks in, dash lights turn on and no problems after that til next day at bus stop. Doesn't always do this, only time I notice is when the key is in this position so I can have radio on
Old 07-03-2014, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default ESP/BAS and U1417 Code Happening on 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK Too

Originally Posted by powerlineguy
Last week. I unplugged the battery for about 40 min and still didn't reset.

Something else that's weird with this. If I turn the jeep off then turn the key slightly so the radio comes on but not far enough that any dash lights come on, I do this at my sons bus stop sometimes waiting, then he gets in so I turn the jeep on and we leave. I turn the jeep on and get about ten feet down the road and the dash lights blink and the jeep feels like its shutting off. No power or anything for maybe 3-5 seconds then it kicks in, dash lights turn on and no problems after that til next day at bus stop. Doesn't always do this, only time I notice is when the key is in this position so I can have radio on
I'm having the same issue. Sensors replaced, in fact the tech ran a new line right from the sensor to the pcm to eliminate any breaks in the wire if not visible by the eye. Did you solve this?
Old 10-17-2014, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Update on my U1417 code

Hi All:

I have been following all the U1417 and ABS threads and just wanted to close the loop on my experience. I had the 3 dash lights come on last week and had a local, national chain parts store read my codes. They told me U11417 and not other codes or data was available. I put on a left front speed sensor which did not fix the problem. I then decided I am too good of a mechanic to just throw parts at a problem. I had it scanned at a local computer diagnostics business. AS soon as we started to back out of the garage the scanner displayed speed signals from every wheel except the left rear. A $17.00 sensor and 30 min, good as new. The lights went out on the dash with no more than 10 feet of backing up. Cruise Control works again.

Thanks for the great forum

Chad
Old 10-20-2014, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like I am troubleshooting the same problem!!! I did order a new front speed sensor. I did not get any codes but have not used a better code scanning device to do so. Nothing with my Aeroforce. I get ABS pulsing style sound/feel from the drivers side front wheel. I am guessing this is it. I need to get one of the fancy diagnostic computers!!! I will update as well once I figure it out.
Old 06-08-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Just got the code this week:u1471. (If you haven't found the OBD access code. ACC to RUN 3x ending on RUN.) Had a moment of ABS sutter but didn't feel it in the steering. Replaced the rear left sensor. Will update if the code comes back.

Quick Reply: U1417-implausible left wheel distance signal received