Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

evap canister???

Old 05-26-2008, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Woods! Did my Steering relocation bracket and evap canister relocation kit get sent out yet. I can wait to get that thing installed. You can see my pics of my evap can hanging in this thread!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Woods
I have a cousin who's an engineer at DC. I asked him to design the JK so a couple of fragile parts will be highly exposed. He gets a cut of every sale.

When cash comes available, my first real mods will be about $600 of your stuff.

It seems like there are several items on the JK where Chrysler said "Ok, time's up. No more design work alowed."
Old 05-27-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Woods, I got the evap canister kit in the mail today! This thing is awesome! The box it was sent it was split and I lost a zip tie but that is OK I have some laying around. Extra tape would be needed to stop it from splitting on the left side open end for future customers. Thanks for a great product! I cant wait to install it but I have way to much going on right now to install it today. I will have it done this week though.

When will the Steering kit be mailed? That way I can just do both of them while I am under the Jeep.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
Woods, I got the evap canister kit in the mail today! This thing is awesome! The box it was sent it was split and I lost a zip tie but that is OK I have some laying around. Extra tape would be needed to stop it from splitting on the left side open end for future customers. Thanks for a great product! I cant wait to install it but I have way to much going on right now to install it today. I will have it done this week though.

When will the Steering kit be mailed? That way I can just do both of them while I am under the Jeep.
Hey, thanks for feedback on the box. I was thinking of adding some tape accross the side > around the ends. USPS sure is hard on packages.

I hope to be shipping SS relo kits in a couple weeks.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Hey, thanks for feedback on the box. I was thinking of adding some tape accross the side > around the ends. USPS sure is hard on packages.

I hope to be shipping SS relo kits in a couple weeks.
2 WEEKS!

SOmething to look forward to I guess.

Thank you for the update, at least you are keeping me informed unlike other shops and sites.

I recommend WOODS all day long and since we are on the subject NORTHRIDGE4x4 too!

GREAT Guys and Great service!
Old 05-29-2008, 03:40 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
2 WEEKS!

and since we are on the subject NORTHRIDGE4x4 too!

GREAT Guys and Great service!
Now if I could just get Dave set up as a dealer
Old 05-29-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re

All of a sudden my gas cap light came on. I checked the cap, 3 clicks etc, drove it for two days, light still on. Then the check engine light came on. After researching the problem online here, I decided to look under the Jeep to see the evap can. The tube/line from the fuel tank was just hanging. I haven't done any "heavy" 4 wheeling. The canister stayed mounted, but the tube/line coming down from the fuel tank was torn off. I replaced it myself,along with the tube that comes down from the fuel tank. Highly suggest people either relocate the canister or skid plate it. Bought the parts on moparpartsonline, they shipped very quickly. Cost was total 55.00. And my time.

Thanks to Brett for his help.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
The thing takes any of the unburned gas vapors from the engine and re-uses them by sending it back into the engine with the normal gas so that the exhaust is cleaner. So if you rip it off, you'll get a check engine light and the engine will probably suffer a little, if at all. But it will not pass emissions test that way.
No, you are thinking of the EGR valve.
The EVAP canister has activated carbon granules in it which absorb vapors from the gas tank. At predetermined times, a valve allows the canister to purge vapors into the engine intake to be burned. Otherwise, the gas vapors would have escaped from the tank into the atmosphere.

Quick Reply: evap canister???