Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Evaporative Canister

Old 04-14-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i moved mine with the woods mod.. it took about an hour and was an easy install.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer
i moved mine with the woods mod.. it took about an hour and was an easy install.
My kit is waiting install, but I believe I came across mention that it will take a right angle drill to complete the install.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pkess3
I think it does hang around an inch lower but it's still tucked higher up than the fuel tank skid and the transfer case skid. This is the first time I've broken it after 6 months and taking it on some pretty tough trails. How hard is it to use the relocation kit?
here check this thread out about the Woods reloc kit. I think its 49bucks but not sure. I would relocate it if you've already damaged it once, why put it back in same placed with a $99 skid? and buy the evap from dealer and do it all yourself

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=woods+evap
Old 04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over $200 to replace and install???? Geez what dealership are you going to???

I busted my cannister.....$63 for the cannister......to replace and install....$115...

BUT....I just picked up the cannister, and I'm now lookin at options fro fitment...I don't have a right angle small drill, and I'm not willing to drop ANOTHER $100 PLUS the cost of a relocate kit.....since this a problem JEEP has with their stupid design....even the frickin Chrysler 300's EVAP is hidden out of the way in the frikin wheel well.....what in gods name possesed Jeep to put this retarded thing in the stupid place that it is....now its costing me money, and I'm kinda upset....can you tell?

Tell me more about this skid plate from Rock hard or whatever their called.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by zeero
I'm not willing to drop ANOTHER $100 PLUS the cost of a relocate kit......

get the woods kit for about 50bucks.....then you dont need that damn skid plate
Old 04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by tkob1060
here check this thread out about the Woods reloc kit. I think its 49bucks but not sure. I would relocate it if you've already damaged it once, why put it back in same placed with a $99 skid? and buy the evap from dealer and do it all yourself

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=woods+evap
When I bring up the link none of the pictures show up. Only red x's.

This was the case on both my work and home computers.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

you dont need that damn skid plate
Excuse me? What's so "damn" about it???
Old 04-14-2008, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

for 99bucks it still leaves it hanging down waiting to get ripped off, people have had them completely ripped off, gone and lost in a mud hole, or lost in the rocks....yeah maybe the bolts for the skid might be stronger but why leave it there for more then it costs to move it?
Old 04-14-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

for 99bucks it still leaves it hanging down waiting to get ripped off, people have had them completely ripped off, gone and lost in a mud hole, or lost in the rocks....yeah maybe the bolts for the skid might be stronger but why leave it there for more then it costs to move it?
For one, try getting warranty work done on it if you move it. Sure, the dealer has to "prove" you didn't cause the malfunction, but good luck!

Nothing wrong with moving it. I'm just miffed when someone dis's my decision to protect it instead. To each their own!
Old 04-14-2008, 03:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm sorry but if it gets ripped off with that skid plate installed you probably have bigger problems to worry about than replacing a $63 canister.

Quick Reply: Evaporative Canister