Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

fender flare ...

Old 12-24-2007, 02:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
anyone selling a rear one for a 4 door? I need passenger side.

I ripped it off today 4 wheeling ... the whole thing ...

my husband wasn't angry .... thankfully. Just I don't want to have to replace all of em .. and its like 200$ for just one and 500$ to replace all of them .. whats the better deal?

Whats your advice for getting by .... just zip tying em on???? I don't wann ahave to spend a lot of cash unless needed.

WOW!! your dealer's quite expensive. I scrapped the h^## out of the wifes rear flair about 2 weeks after we got it for her. The dealer charged $58 for a new flair, and installed it free.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that my next option to change on my X, i love my jeep don't get me wrong but the black cheap plastic just ain't cuttin' it, i'd like to get i set like the Sahara's have...those are nice..
Old 12-25-2007, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your dealer is charging $200 for the unpainted black plastic fender w/o installation, he's trying to rip you off. Find a new dealer.

The advantage of the black plastic ones is that when you scrape them up or tear them off, they're quite a bit less expensive to replace than the painted-to-match ones. I also like how the black plastic contrasts with my white paint.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The parts lady at my deaker told me $128 for an unpainted one for my black Sahara. She said I would have to take it to a body shop to have it painted. I have a couple of questions.

Is the "unpainted" one im getting one of the standard black/gray fender flares that comes on an X or Rubi? Oe is it a different material that would hold paint better?

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to get a rear fender painted black to match my Sahara?

Thanks!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:50 PM
JK Freak

well i figure next time I am just gonna pop em all off .. and just zip tie the one that ripped off back on! Cheap fix!
Old 12-26-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm.....................
lets see...................

We have riped off our left rear twice and right rear one on our Ruby. all the pins and holding clips usually do let go first and the olny problem is if the tree or rock that caused them to get ripped of munches them as well.

Rear fenders are the textured black and about 75.00. Rivets the hold the outer flare to the under flare are about 3.00 per and the outer flare to body clips are about .68 cents per.

Front flares about 80.00 without light assembly.

M.O.R.E. off road is comming out with some tube fenders in Jan 08' see attached pics.

Enjoy,
Kat
Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TyWebb
The parts lady at my deaker told me $128 for an unpainted one for my black Sahara. She said I would have to take it to a body shop to have it painted. I have a couple of questions.

Is the "unpainted" one im getting one of the standard black/gray fender flares that comes on an X or Rubi? Oe is it a different material that would hold paint better?

Anyone have any idea what it would cost to get a rear fender painted black to match my Sahara?

Thanks!
From looking at the parts catalog posted in this forum, the X/Rubi black plastic fender flares have different part numbers than the Sahara fenders designed to accept paint.

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
well i figure next time I am just gonna pop em all off .. and just zip tie the one that ripped off back on! Cheap fix!
Good plan. I scratched the entire surface of my rear passenger's side fender flare, stuck a little oval Moab sticker on it, and called it fixed. My friends would give me continuous grief if I actually repaired it properly.

-Glen

Quick Reply: fender flare ...