Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

My Heater Doesn't Work :(

Old 12-26-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Heater Doesn't Work :(

Hey guys its starting to get cold down here and I've known about this problem since I got the Jeep 5 months ago.

My heater doesn't work at ALL. I turn the dial all the way to the red zone and make sure the AC button is off and I get luke warm air at best, usually just feels like it coming from outside. Its the same no matter where I tell the air to come out.

Anyone heard of anyone else having this problem?
Old 12-26-2007, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

There are cable connections on the back of the knob that have been known to come loose. Mine was that way off of the lot, only it was stuck on hot. Took the dealer about 10 minutes to fix it.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

I have heat!

Thanks for the advice edubreuil, you were right on the money. I popped the front panel off and sure enough the little plastic gear housing was completely disattached from the gear that the dial uses!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I tested mine and the temp coming out of the center registers was 185 degrees. nice and warm. I think that you can cook with that air temp.

Quick Reply: My Heater Doesn't Work :(