Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

first stealership visit

Old 12-29-2009, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default first stealership visit

I dread bringing my Jeep in for anything but I just can't live without having any heat out of my driver's side vents anymore so i had to bring it in to see if they can fix it!!
they called and said they are going to start with a heater core flush......we will see.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand your apprehension about taking it to a dealership, I have hard time doing that also. Good luck with that......heat is good!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

all the heater ducts are interconnected, if you are getting heat out of the right side, the left side should be the same unless the ducting has come loose on the left side. What has caused them to schedule you for a heater core flush? Is the Jeep high-mileage?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
all the heater ducts are interconnected, if you are getting heat out of the right side, the left side should be the same unless the ducting has come loose on the left side. What has caused them to schedule you for a heater core flush? Is the Jeep high-mileage?
i looked at a schematic and yes you are right...they are all interconnected, but the funny thing is that the air flow is the same through all vents which leads me to believe that everything is connected properely. I read on some other forums that it may be a "temperature actuator" .
My Jeep just turned 25,000 km.
The heat last winter was insane so i am not sure what it could be.....should know by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Bad batch of Coolant????

If anyone notices a loss in heat you may want to bring it in to the dealership for a "chemical flush". Advisor said they have had many vehicles ( 300's,etc. ) where the coolant was defective from the factory causing calcium build up in the heater core! WTF!!!! They say that i have a "good amount" of heat coming from all vents now so we will see when i go and pick it up.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

You'll find that some dealers are better than others. If you find a good one, stick with it. I'm on the other side of the river but I drive to south Ottawa to go to a better dealer!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

Any update on this? I know someone who has the exact same problem on thier '08 JK. Mine's blowing nice and hot still.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Default strike one!!!

Chemical flush did F-all! Still have uneven heat....super hot on right side vents ...warm / cool on left side?????
I have called them and am scheduling a follow up service appointment.
I'll keep everybody posted if there is a fix.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:46 AM
JK Newbie

So did u ever get fixed? I,m having the same issue, and been checking threads. I,m trying to avoid the stealership. If anyone knows source of problem of fix, could you please post. ty
Old 01-29-2010, 01:29 AM
JK Super Freak

dealership is replacing heater core under warranty due to it being "plugged". They claim the coolant was bad from the factory which caused the heater core to become corroded and plugged.
It goes in next Wednesday so i will keep everyone updated as to whether it fixed the problem or not.

Quick Reply: first stealership visit