Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

First time door removal

Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had to take the hinges off with the door attached, then pound the hinges out with a 2×4 . Previous owner never had the doors off. Greased them up and now I have no problems. Except when there was a severe thunderstorm when the weather report said clear and sunny. I tried to get my doors on quick, got one on and the wind blew it up to the front and I got the mirror ding that everyone seams to have.lol after that I took my carpets out, put truck bed liner on the bottom of the floors now It can rain all it wants when I go doors off!
Old 06-22-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Science!

I was just having a really tough time trying to get my passenger door off. So I decided to scour the garage for something to use in conjunction with a floor jack. Found some pieces of wood and decided to make a fulcrum. One hand slowly moving the jack, positioned very closely to the hinges, another on the top of the door, and my the weight of my leg on the piece of 2x6 I found. Work it very slowly and it pops right up and doesn't come all the way off. Worked like a charm!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting you guys had problems removing your doors. Luckily for me I didn't have any problems though I'm not sure if the previous owner had the doors off ever. The worst part for me was having to carry the doors 3 flights of stairs

Quick Reply: First time door removal