Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

"foam Kit" from TSB on leaky tops

Old 09-30-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "foam Kit" from TSB on leaky tops

Have any of you applied the "foam kit" that is used in the TSB for making the tops stop leaking? I have a copy of the TSB and it is step by step, but if there are any tips or tricks not mentioned in it that work better I am open to any suggestions. I bought the "foam kit" from the dealer yesterday (part number 68026937ab) and plan to do it Friday. Anyone done one?

disclaimer:
Before anyone starts saying "take it to the dealer"... Yes it is still under warranty (it has 15k miles on it). Yes the dealer has tried to fix it multiple times. Yes I have had it to another dealer that couldn't fix it either and told me "all jeeps leak." Yes I payed for the kit out of my own pocket. The other dealer told me "I don't think we can fix it". They are trying to get out of helping me by not giving me loaner cars, or telling me that my house (8 miles away) is too far for the shuttle to drop me off. It is much more than just a little dribble so please don't tell me I am whining about nothing.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't even know there was a TSB for the leaking tops. What's in this kit exactly, and how much was it???

Mine's going in for the 5th time next week for the leaking top... and hopefully they'll do my clutch too...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Jedi

my g/f works at the dealership that told me "all Jeeps leak" so I get employee pricing. It cost me about $21. I think retail price is only like $32ish. Although it isnt intended for retail it is for shop use on the TSB. Give the parts dept. that number and they will sell it to you.

they have a few TSBs on it. 23-002-08, 23-020-08, and 23-025-08 are listed in this PDF I have entitled JK_WATER_LEAKS_ALL.PDF. You can find it online.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill have to look into this!! I have sham-wows under my mats on the floow to absorb water when it rains out :-( and they soak up A LOT of water
Old 09-30-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

MY roof leaks all the time!!!!! Everytime it rains.......... Oh wait I forgot to put the top up. Just kiddin. but my passenger side wind bar on the roof has this little foam piece that is about to blow off I think. I'm certain that is needed for something anyone have any suggestions on what I should/could use to glue that thing back down?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by neopj3
MY roof leaks all the time!!!!! Everytime it rains.......... Oh wait I forgot to put the top up. Just kiddin. but my passenger side wind bar on the roof has this little foam piece that is about to blow off I think. I'm certain that is needed for something anyone have any suggestions on what I should/could use to glue that thing back down?
Well the foam kit they sold me has peel and stick on the back of the pieces. It is 3M so I imagine they make a similar adhesive available in a tube.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:48 AM
JK Jedi

Nobody has done one of these? I was sure someone worked at the dealer or something.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hanging free

we talking hard tops? knock on wood my soft top has been great
Old 10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Anglah
we talking hard tops? knock on wood my soft top has been great
I am talking about my soft top, but the file covers both. here is what it looks like in mine after 30 minutes or more of rain if you are curious:

seats and floor equally wet.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soft top for me too.......

Quick Reply: "foam Kit" from TSB on leaky tops