Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Fogging windows

Old 09-30-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogging windows

I have a 2010 jk sport and when it rains hard or going through a car wash all the windows fog up and it gets super humid inside. I dont have A/C and there is no water on the floor etc.
It takes a good 10 mins to clear up with the defroster on high.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Get AC
Old 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

he might mean he doesnt have the a/c running but idk.... i know mine fog up a lil when i have ac on and its humid but nothing drastic
Old 09-30-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I keep a dollar store chemical de-humidifier in my jeep. It is a little plastic container with crystals in it. since putting that in I dont have any problems with fog etc. And I live in the rainy northwest.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:41 AM
JK Freak

It stays fogged for 10 minutes even when the heat is on full? That doesn't really sound right at all.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

sounds perfectly normal to me.. water gets down into the fresh air intake... without A/C there is no evaporator core so the water doesnt drain out as easily.. some gets sucked onto the heater core and then you get steam.. which really fogs things up till the air intake dries out...

best solution is to put the window down a few inches for a little bit and run the fan on high to get the water cleared away

one of the reasons to buy A/C on a car even if you live in a cooler climate... the A/C will dehumidify the air (even if you have the temp lever set to full hot....).

the air would first go over the cold evaporator coil, be stripped of its humidity and then go over the heater coil to be warmed to your liking....

on JK's with A/C, the compressor and A/C system run when your selector knob is in the DEFrost or floor/DEFrost mix positions (even though the A/C light is off).. just for the purpose of dehumidification..
-Christopher
Old 10-01-2010, 03:27 AM
JK Freak

Regularly cleaning the inside of your windows seriously helps with fogging, also Ventshades look cool and you can leave your windows cracked alittle to equalize the air in the cabin.

Trending Topics

Old 10-01-2010, 03:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

early mornings fogged windows..ahh remember those days...
i used rain x on my other rig without a/c. works to keep your windows clear, and road visible, without having to wait 20 damn minutes to clear up. just realize the water beads like its raining inside...
i appreciate a/c now
Old 10-01-2010, 03:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Avoid the recirc option like the plague too.

My AC is *always* on. Too damn humid here to not use it. Even with the top and doors off. LOL

Old 10-01-2010, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've noticed that I get some fogging in the past couple weeks, never had that problem all summer.

then I realized I didn't have a top or doors on at all this summer.

Quick Reply: Fogging windows