Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Foggy windows

Old 02-12-2014, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foggy windows

I am just gonna guess, but are the Wranglers prone to having the windows fog up? Mine do constantly, seems like I have to run the defroster 90% of the time.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by rayjj
I am just gonna guess, but are the Wranglers prone to having the windows fog up? Mine do constantly, seems like I have to run the defroster 90% of the time.
Mine don't anymore than any other vehicle. Foggy windows could indicate an antifreeze leak in the heater core. Suggest you keep a close eye on antifreeze level.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default another thing is water getting inside on passengers floor or drivers

can give added water content to the air ! my sport did that ! my rubicon dosent leak and dosent fog check your carpets in the spring see if they are wet
Old 02-12-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rayjj
Is your HVAC set to recirculate or fresh air? Recirculating will fog like crazy in the cold weather.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anti-fog

You can also try applying an anti-fog solution (I had some in a small bottle - looked similar to Rain-X) [ apologies, I'm about 30,000 miles from my garage, so I can't check ]

My Jeep fogged something fierce due to relative humidity and a leaky top/wet carpet didn't help (both problems since remedied) but the anti-fog helped me out.
Added bonus: you can use it on the bathroom mirror and it will help dramatically if your significant other likes to steam the ever livin' snot out of the shower in the AM when you're trying to shave.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has been doing it since day one (this past November). Its not crazy foggy, just seems to do it more than the other vehicles I have.

Sent via Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Foggy windows