Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

fording water?

Old 04-15-2007, 02:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fording water?

I keep hearing stories about JKs stalling when going through water. Not even high water. Anyone going through water without any problems?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBYHzkYLx-A

Looks ok to me
Old 04-15-2007, 03:02 PM
JK Freak

haven't personally had the chance yet, but i've seen plenty of youtube videos of JKs taking on some serious water... I have noticed that i have a harder time keeping it running through deep snow in 4 hi than i never did in my TJ, i know this is because of the less torque at lower rpms in the JK. When i first got it, i stalled it a few times trudging through really deep snow. Really i shoulda been in 4 lo anyway, but my TJ used to do it... Anyway, my point is that i supposed i could see where maybe if people are taking the initial dive into the water too quick, the resistance against the jeep from the water could be enough to stall it out in 4 hi. However, this woudl only be the case for manual transmission, and water fording in 4 hi.... There have also been lots of posts about JKs just randomly shutting down/stalling on the freeway, in the driveway, and everywhere else, so maybe its just coincidence...

and thats my .02
Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, thats me in the 4 door, TEV was second and TexasJK was the first one in.....

Anyway, here is a pic a couple weeks earlier in the same crossing... No problems what so ever......

Old 04-15-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

just got done today in water. bout the same depth as the Silver Rubi picture above and went through it several times
Old 04-15-2007, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hopefully if all goes well maybe ill get to get a little wet! Im gonna be headed down there maybe next weekend if all goes well. Pick up the Jeeps new shoes and get the Jeep a little dirty. It would be pretty cool to be able to say hi to everyone.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKmike07
Hopefully if all goes well maybe ill get to get a little wet! Im gonna be headed down there maybe next weekend if all goes well. Pick up the Jeeps new shoes and get the Jeep a little dirty. It would be pretty cool to be able to say hi to everyone.
I'm going to be off next weekend, so hopefully We could all head up to the Creek for some wheeling....
Old 04-15-2007, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default high water

I went to the creek today, took water to about 3/4 up the door started to leak in floorboards. Good reason to take out carpet. Nekt mod will probally be LINE-X!!!!!! Good thing TEX was there to onceagain pull me out. IF YOU AINT STUCK YOU AINT WHEELIN!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only one bad thing even after I get my tires my Jeep is gonna look small next to your Jeeps
Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
i had mine in over the bottom of the door and no problmes. no leaks either and after i changed my diff cover and found no water inside.
Yeah make that x's 2 on Rubicons.......... Hey Beermonkey, what are you oding this weekend? Rausch?

Quick Reply: fording water?