Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Freedom Top Quesion...

Old 06-22-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom Top Quesion...

Yesterday I decided to throw the front two panels on with the back off and when I installed them they rattled around quite a bit... I followed the normal procedure for removing/installing the panels and figured that would do the trick, but they bounce around more than I'd like. Do you leave the screws out when the back is off and the front two pieces are on? I just hand tightened them although they wouldn't snug up against the bar because the back piece wasn't on.... Anything I am missing here...?

For anyone who is totally lost this is the set up I was going for.

Thanks and sorry if this is a silly question.

-Casey
Old 06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You just have to flip down the two black "feet" on the back of the panels. Don't overtighten the bolts, they will damage the top!
Old 06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The black blocks that the screws fasten to have small tabs that you flip down. this makes the tops sit at the same height as when they rest against the rear portion of the top. If you tighten the screws down without flipping down the tabs you run the risk of poking holes through your top.....wipeout

Quick Reply: Freedom Top Quesion...