Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Freedom top scratch fix?

Old 06-02-2008, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freedom top scratch fix?

Hi Guys, Freedom top on and off solo is not easy, so We got a few little scratches has anyone got a quick fix. Ya know its white under that black!! Thnx. D

I thought about a good old sharpie marker?
Old 06-02-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

The only problem with sharpie is that it is not actually permanent. Sharpie ink dissolves in most organic solvents such as alcohols. Windshield washer fluid contains alcohol, so overspray from the washer nozzles will probably affect the ink.
Old 06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get some water. No get the scratch wet. Does it disappear when wet? If so, then it will go away permanently when you power polish it. Not with those orbital things, but with a proper polisher. I use a Dewalt DW849 with foam pads myself.

If you get it wet, and the scratch is visible, you may need to do some paint touch ups and wet sanding. Depending on the colour, that can look almost factory. Non-metallics and silver should be relatively easy. I would forsee the Stell Blue, Jeep Green, and Red Rock being difficult to touch up, sand, and look exact.

oops, just re-read it, guessing you meant you had scratchs on the top itself. No idea how you'll fix that.

Last edited by iamsuperdan; 06-03-2008 at 07:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Freedom top scratch fix?