Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel door cover

Old 04-02-2019, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel door cover

This came with the 2013 I bought recently. I like the look, but the fitment leave something to be desired... Does anyone make a good one of these?

Old 04-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

That's a Mo-China-par brand knock-off of the original Mopar fuel door cover. You're talking $20 vs $85+ in price difference where the Mopar has a better fit, and better quality powder coating which won't fade like the Mo-China-par knock-offs.

Here's the revised Mopar version.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/15006_411.htm

And here's the original Mopar version that's been knocked off by the Chinese. I can tell the one which came on the JK you just purchased is one of the knock-offs and not the Mopar because I have looked at both, where the knock-offs are about 1/8in thinner in depth of the outer circular ring and the screws tend to rust like yours is doing also. Other than that and the inferior powder coating and tight fitment which is contributed to the inner plastic part breaking, they look identical. The devil is in the details.
https://www.amazon.com/Mopar-82210285AC-Fuel-Door/dp/B00K2SLR52

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-02-2019 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Door

Originally Posted by NathanOtis
This came with the 2013 I bought recently. I like the look, but the fitment leave something to be desired... Does anyone make a good one of these?

Stick with the MOPAR ones. I just bought a new MOPAR Chrome one on Ebay for $68 with shipping. Still in the box, with instructions in English, with correct grammar, supports American workers, and took about 20 minutes to install. The key is ebay and just be patient as some sellers will accept offers, which is what I did.....

Quick Reply: Fuel door cover