Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Gascap code and jeep will not rev past 4k

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gascap code and jeep will not rev past 4k

Ok so I have an evap code pop up plus the gas cap warning at the same time now my jeep will not rev past 4k ( it's like it hits a rev limiter and the fuel shuts off which I found out trying to pass a semi on the hwy (scary) are the two related, is this a limp feature? It's a 12 and I plan on taking it to the dealer but in an unrelated problem I'm having an issue with my rear gears potentially having an install issue and I don't want to bring the jeep into the dealer with the horrendous rear gear whine until that's fixed ( don't need the dealer knowing about the lockers and 4.56's )

Steve
Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you crawled up underneath to look at the evap canister and related hoses? If it is broken from hitting an obstacle I would not take it the dealer anyway. That kind of damage is not an issue they will want to cover. Just replace it yourself.

If everything appears undamaged then something else is going on, and you may need dealer assistance to figure it out. Plus then it should be warrantied.

Crawl under there and take a look.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No issues with evap, fuel fill hose needs to be replaced and I have one. Just not sure if the 4k rpm cutoff is related
Old 03-06-2013, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swaite3
No issues with evap, fuel fill hose needs to be replaced and I have one. Just not sure if the 4k rpm cutoff is related
I see, sorry it was not clear to me from your post you had already checked it out. Not sure either about the RPM thing, although it would not surprise me if it was related if it was fine before the codes.

Quick Reply: Gascap code and jeep will not rev past 4k