Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

gascap warning!!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

recently i filled up in ill and drove to the lake house (aprx)200 mi and come to find out that i forgot to put the cap on after filling up and i did not recieve any warning code/light
Old 08-28-2008, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came on with a check engine light and i went to the dealership to fix it and clear the warning and they told me my locking gas cap is aftermarket and that they would have to put on a regular cap...so after 30min of arguing with them that I bought the jeep like that they finally gave in...
Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Well its 2018 and I purchased a 2008 Jeep Liberty that was sold to me stating the seller has purchased a new gas cap and that will solve the problem of the displayed message as well as the engine light on.
I like the car and will deal with the problem but it seems in ready many posts here and other places on the web (glad I didnt see this earlier as I really like the car) that this is a faulty design and or product in this model Jeep and that until 2015, Jeep replaced the IVAP value and gas tank in order to resolve this matter. Hard to believe the seller was being honest but it's a buyer beware world. Has anyone resolved this issue in the last year and also if in Mexico as that is where this car is living.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Gascap rpm problems

Recently bought used 2011 Jeep Liberty. Monday had a gascap warning appear... cap was fine continued for one day after. Three days later loud whistling noise during acceleration. Almost like a plane taking off, never heard before. Rpms don’t appear to be accelerating properly. Jumps up but sits at about 1-2 rpm at 60 mph.... noise consistent and change in volume with acceleration and deceleration ... any suggestions timing belt? Fan belt? Transmission issue? Thanks!

Quick Reply: gascap warning!!