Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hard top to soft top conversion

Old 12-10-2016, 08:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top to soft top conversion

Hi everybody,

I'm a new Jeep owner as of this coming Monday, and this is my first post. It's going to be a 2012 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4 Door with a BesTop soft top. I went after it because the price was right, but I want to get a hard top for it as soon as possible. I know that factory hard tops would have a wiper blade and probably defrost, but I doubt I would use either of those often. Is there hard tops available that don't have either of those features? Or would I have to get a factory hard top for it? Is there special equipment for mounting a hard top? I would greatly appreciate some recommended websites or places in the Northern Colorado area that would have something for me.

Thank you in advanced! Great website!

CPost_p320
Old 12-11-2016, 02:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to your newest addiction. There are some after market hard tops but they are pricy. I would just go with a factory hardtop. Check craigslist in your area for one. Got mine for $900 in my area. You can make the the wiper and defrost work with a new wire harness and flashing the computer by the dealer. I've had mine on for the past 4 winters without either option and I've never regretted it. I do advise you get this aftermarket hardware. Best $20 you will spend if you plan on removing top in the spring.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-680334653.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	662591
Old 12-11-2016, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info! I'm planning a hardtop swap also... going from the Bestop Hybrid top on my 07, to this factory soft top on my '16 has been a bit of a rear window culture shock! lol.

Quick Reply: Hard top to soft top conversion