Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hard Top whistle

Old 10-07-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard Top whistle

My wife has a 2004 rubicon and now that we have put her hard top back on the thing whistlles like crazy on the highway at 65 miles per hour. Any thing come to mind on how to fix it? I sure would be forever grateful.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

A whistle is caused by a deflection in the air stream. It has to be something with the way the hardtop is fitting. Either there is an air gap or there is something sticking out like a seal. A pinched seal, that is pushed out, will do it too.. A real close inspection and you should be able to find it.
Look closely around the windshield and at the top front of the doors. Don't forget to check the back side of the front door to the door jam where the hardtop meets too
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4dr unlimited
My wife has a 2004 rubicon and now that we have put her hard top back on the thing whistlles like crazy on the highway at 65 miles per hour. Any thing come to mind on how to fix it? I sure would be forever grateful.
I wish my hard top whistled, I'm tired of singing by myself. JK.

Quick Reply: Hard Top whistle