Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hard Top wiring kit

Old 07-30-2017, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Hard Top wiring kit

So I picked up a hardtop for my 2 door JK and ordered the wiring kit so I can make the wiper and defrost functional. I already have heated mirrors, so it looks like I can avoid tearing the dash apart thank God. But, the directions are absolutely horrible that come on that disk. I'm hoping to nab some pointers from someone that has installed this kit. Nothing in the trusty search engine on this topic, so I figured I would start a fresh one. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-05-2017, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following as I will be ordering the hard top and wiring kit as well. I got the instructions from a site and it looks convoluted on how to install.

the manual also says it will require a dealer flash. If you do the install take pictures and write down details.

Did buy the top new or used. I'm looking at an online dealer that has a great price for a freedom top

Last edited by Eandras; 08-05-2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought mine used off a 2017. I will definitely do a write up! I'll be tackling this in the near future.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

You will also need the wiper fluid hose to run from windshield all the way to the back as well if it doesn't come with the harness.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cabmak4life78
You will also need the wiper fluid hose to run from windshield all the way to the back as well if it doesn't come with the harness.
The washer hose and pump kit cone with the Mopar wiring kit

Quick Reply: Hard Top wiring kit