Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Hardtop Torx Brackets-Can they be removed?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardtop Torx Brackets-Can they be removed?

Hey Gang-

I converted my new JK from Hardtop to Softtop today! Have one minor issue, I use the Raingler netting and need to use the holes along the back of the cargo area but the hardtop's brackets that the torx screws are still in there. I tried to get them out but am afraid of breaking them So....

Do they come out? Is there a trick or should I just use brute force? Thanks all!!!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NYRacBaller
Hey Gang-

I converted my new JK from Hardtop to Softtop today! Have one minor issue, I use the Raingler netting and need to use the holes along the back of the cargo area but the hardtop's brackets that the torx screws are still in there. I tried to get them out but am afraid of breaking them So....

Do they come out? Is there a trick or should I just use brute force? Thanks all!!!
They do come out...Its kinda weird..You have to slide them out foward..
Old 04-09-2011, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bearstylez

They do come out...Its kinda weird..You have to slide them out foward..
I agree. They aren't the most straight forward things to get out. Like bearstylez said above, I find that sliding forward and a lot of wiggling does the job. When switching over to the soft top for the warmer months, I typically just take the two front ones out and leave the other four in, not worth the effort to take them out.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you...will try again tomorrow!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i got a hardtop last summer and have been holding it down with nuts and bolts.. If you're not going to use your hardtop any more can i buy those off of you?

But i have seen them come out in awkward directions so good luck. and congrats on the new Jeep!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

hire a 3 yr old, turn your back for a couple of seconds and they will all be out
Old 04-12-2011, 09:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NYRacBaller
Hey Gang-

Not sure about the Unlimited setup, but on my 2 door, I use a rear net, and the strap clips on to the rear most hardtop bolt opening in the rail. The nut that clips underneath the rail for the hardtop bolt slides forward or backward without having to be removed...

Quick Reply: Hardtop Torx Brackets-Can they be removed?