Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

HELP w/ JK

Old 02-16-2014, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP w/ JK

I have a 2008 JK Renegade (sport). Last weekend I was on a trip, driving at about 75MPH when the Jeep started shaking. First I thought it was due to tire pressures and a bump in the road. Later i found a blown shock. No big deal as I was on my way home to install my new TF 2.5" coil lift with new shocks. While installing the lift this weekend i checked all of the suspension components to make sure they were all tight. Took Jeep out on a test drive and bam right at 70MPH the shacking comes back. go back to the house and find that my passenger rear wheel is slightly off camber. Is this the culprit? also the shacking is produced at lower speeds. Bad axle bearings? I will be pulling the hubs tomorrow to check them. Has anyone else experienced this?
Old 02-16-2014, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's a thread I just started with a similar issue. Hope it helps

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ulprit-296429/

After doing planmans inspection, found I have one bad u joint and all four ball joints could use replacing. Along with reseating a spring
Old 02-16-2014, 07:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mattyk
Here's a thread I just started with a similar issue. Hope it helps

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...ulprit-296429/

After doing planmans inspection, found I have one bad u joint and all four ball joints could use replacing. Along with reseating a spring
Hey thanks for that link. I believe planmans inspection will find my problem. After watching the 'death wobble' video i'm sure that is whats going on.

Quick Reply: HELP w/ JK