Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

High Pressure Power Steering Hose Connector

Old 01-25-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Pressure Power Steering Hose Connector

I had the high pressure steering hose from the rear of the steering gear box to the bottom of the AC cooler blow while on the road today. I am not sure if this is a stock setup or not since I have a Hemi installed but I think it is. I am trying to get the quick connect fitting loose near the cooler with no luck. I bought some sleeves that snap around the tubing but have not been able to push the sleeve into the fitting to release the tubing. Any suggestions and does the stock 2011 JK have the hose in the same configuration.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Steering hose connectors to cooler 1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	526171
Old 01-25-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I got it apart. It ended up being just a wire clip behind the cap. Still need to determine if this is a stock hose since I called the only dealership open and the parts department guy was less than helpful.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Freak

Pull the black collar back and you should have a clip in it that will need to be removed with a small pick
Old 01-25-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Freak

Too late with my response LOL

If you cant find it locally see if you have a local shop that makes hyd lines and they can make you a new one fairly cheap.
Old 01-25-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dr.dirty
Too late with my response LOL

If you cant find it locally see if you have a local shop that makes hyd lines and they can make you a new one fairly cheap.
That is what I will do. Calling around now to see if any of the auto parts make hydraulic hoses.
Thanks

Quick Reply: High Pressure Power Steering Hose Connector