Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

how much boat can a 2x4 pull out of the water

Old 08-18-2009, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2WD on a jeep? Does your boat have a motor, or did you go for the "set of oars" option?
Old 08-18-2009, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
Yeah... well.... I understand your point, but it's still strange to me to know that they make 2X4 Jeeps... I remember in the seventies, when my mom had a Cherokee Chief... Jeep was a synonym of 4X4... people would call anything that was 4X4 a Jeep...

I saw a 2X4 Jeep about tree months ago on eBay... lifted with 35s.. the guy had to repeat 100 times 2X4, THIS JEEP is 2X4.... !!!!! Because it doesn't make sense I guess... kind of like an airplane without wings... LOL

Do they still offer 2X4 in 2010 ???

Seriously... I can understand someone who would buy a 2X4 Jeep to save money, and because he likes the looks... But as far as Chrysler goes, marketing wise... I don't get it... Do they still put the "Trail Rated" badge on it ???
I am fairly certain the 4x2 jeeps don't sport the trail rated badge, only the 4x4's. I have seen a few at the dealer without the badges, and I'm pretty sure they were the 2wd's
Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
And you guys are forgetting the 'oversized' tires on his auto with stock gears. The tow limit goes down, regardless of what any sticker or manual says.

Just my opinion, of course, but auto's are undergeared from the factory. Add taller tires, and this engine simply doesn't have the grunt for pulling heavy loads uphill. Then add the loss of traction from wet tires and a slick ramp, and you're asking people to help push...
Lower the outboard, crank it, and shove that puppy out of the water.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ClaytonTheAggie
I am fairly certain the 4x2 jeeps don't sport the trail rated badge, only the 4x4's. I have seen a few at the dealer without the badges, and I'm pretty sure they were the 2wd's
You are correct...no badge. No balls either.

Quick Reply: how much boat can a 2x4 pull out of the water