Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"I REALLY Like Your Jeep!"

Old 01-14-2020, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "I REALLY Like Your Jeep!"

I'm about to leave the post office and a 50-ish lady stands in front and says something pointing at my front end. I rolled down the window and she says, "I REALLY like your Jeep, are they good on gas?"

I said, "No, they're terrible actually."

She makes a face and says, "Oh but they're SO cute! Why do so many of them have so much STUFF on them?" I told her they're cute and capable but more capable - if you need that - when they're modified some.

Anyway, wondering if you guys get many comments from non-Jeep owners? Especially if yours is totally stock as mine is?

PS: I've put a bra on it since this picture. One time towing her behind my RV and I'd already noticed small rock chips on the grille. Not a fan of bras, but it helps.

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 01-15-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get similar comments about my Firehouse Red Wrangler Rubicon JKU.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I get it too. It's like the sight of the Jeep puts the thought and idea of adventure into whom ever is giving the compliment. One of my favorite parts of driving it is the joy it brings other people too!
Old 01-15-2020, 01:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I get compliments all of the time. And, now that I also own a Gladiator, folks stop to talk to me about it. But, mostly it's the JK. And often it's from folks around the country who've come across my YouTube channel. Not unusual for me to be somewhere distant and someone walk up and say, "You're Mark, aren't you? I recognize that Jeep!" It happened once in my earlier days because of this forum ...

3:18 of not forwarded ...
Old 01-15-2020, 07:43 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I get it a lot, just a stock 2 Dr Gobi hard top, but I get a lot of "nice Jeep" comments at the gas stations and when I stop somewhere in town, from men and women
Old 01-15-2020, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Yep, a few days ago I dropped off my wife for an appointment and a couple of guys working there flagged me down just to talk JK's for several minutes. Both were getting into Jeeps and like the way mine looked -- Doesn't take much flattery to make my day!

Old 01-16-2020, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

One of my favorites:

The first time I had the top and doors off (had my lift and tires at home in the garage, but hadn't had time to install them), I was headed back home from work. Stopped at the Buc-ee's on 290 west of Houston. Saw a little boy, about 3, drag his mom across the parking lot behind me pointing and yelling, "mom, look a deep! A weal deep!"

One of the 4,000,000 reasons I love my Deep, I mean Jeep.
The following users liked this post:
Dat (01-17-2020)

Quick Reply: "I REALLY Like Your Jeep!"