Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

Jeep wash

Old 12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgmrock
I could have sworn I read in the manual that washing you Jeep voids all warranties...
<------- I THINK MY WIFE SAID THAT i dont think she has washed hers once since new

I on the other hand cant stand how that black road grime looks on my yellow jeep. I use a touchless in waller that has a undercarriage sprayer , works great for cleaning the side i cant fit under
Old 12-28-2007, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

I will update my previous post...

I have taken my Jeep in a muddy field yesterday and ( HAD A BLAST SLINGING MUDD)

Then I took it to one of the self wash 100 mile per hour and 1000 gallon per minute car washes and I washed the hard top and panels excessively ...... even spraying the roof panel seals .....!!!!!

AND IT DID NOT LEAK A DROP!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one thing I do like about the self washes is that you don't have to clean up after you spray mud off. Hulk that grass is a b!%$h to get out from under your jeep huh!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Jedi Master

One trip around my field
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mud JP2.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	5047
Old 12-28-2007, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Well since we have been in a stage 3/2 drought this year I have not gotten to hand wash mine yet, don't want the fine. I do run her through a wash about once a month. No problems yet and I am running a softtop.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The one thing I do like about the self washes is that you don't have to clean up after you spray mud off. Hulk that grass is a b!%$h to get out from under your jeep huh!

O M G !!! I can not get it all !!! But there seems to be a burnt smell ...... Kinda like Reefer that I am not sure I want gone !!!
Old 12-29-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
O M G !!! I can not get it all !!! But there seems to be a burnt smell ...... Kinda like Reefer that I am not sure I want gone !!!
LOL, be careful , Shhh... you'll have jeepers from all over coming to play in your mud for 30 min. and sit under their jeeps for hours
Old 12-30-2007, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

I've had a problem with a touchless once. It was an old style one, and the eye apparently followed the line of the flip down glass ( hard top ) , in between the glass and the spare. The big metal sprayer bar that is run by chain links, either side of the bay, started pushing down on the spare really hard.
It felt like the front end of the jeep was trying to come up!

It made a loud popping sound as it jumped the track, releasing the pressure against the spare. After it was all over, I jumped out to check my jeep, but didn't find any damage. The back door, spare mount, spare and everything seemed ok.
The car wash owner heard the noise and came over as well, and was concerned and apologetic .

I haven't used that car wash again, of course. If I don't have a lot of time for a hand wash, there is another touchless in town with the newer, floating arm type of jets, and I've had no problems with it.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Freak

I take mine through a touchless weekly. The salt and sand, and liquid de-icer they use around here is really rough on a vehicle. Never leaked a drop.

My pressure washer does the trick when there is a lot of mud involved...
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take my 2 Dr JK through a car wash called "Mr. Magic". They use soft foam brushes, no bristles. I've taken it through with my hard top and soft top... Zero issues. Paint still looks as sharp and shiny as the day I bought it ... and this Jeep doesn't get garaged. It's been through dozens of times since I bought my JK in April. The soft top does leak, but I am planning on having the dealership replace the door surrounds in the Spring when I put the soft top back on. As far as the freedom top goes, I make sure the panels are lined up nice and tight and haven't had any issues with leaks.

My 2¢. Oh, and 303 protectant on the soft top window panels and black trim works GREAT!

Quick Reply: Jeep wash