Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jeep won't start??

Old 07-26-2017, 02:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Haha. Another confirmed case of how bad the stock battery sucks. When I posted about mine several years ago a bunch of people chimed in saying they had similar experience. Thanks for reporting back!
Old 07-26-2017, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
Haha. Another confirmed case of how bad the stock battery sucks. When I posted about mine several years ago a bunch of people chimed in saying they had similar experience. Thanks for reporting back!
Exactly!

What's disturbing however is the fact that I couldn't even jump off of my much more powerful auxiliary battery (Sears Die Hard Gold AGM about 5 months old). That was strange and gets me wondering about what the hell would I do if I really ever needed that while out camping. I mean, I disconnected the leads from the stock battery and jumper cabled straight to them from the auxiliary and it just clicked away. Once I dropped the new battery in (which has 150 more cranking amps than the stocker) the Jeep fired right up.

Anyway, yes, another confirmed case of sucky stock battery I suppose. Oh well.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Good to hear it was just a junk battery. Easy fix. Cheers.

Quick Reply: Jeep won't start??