Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK 4 Door Underseat Storage?

Old 04-06-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK 4 Door Underseat Storage?

So I just put under my rear seat my 48" high-lift and bungeed it to the supports. Works great. I could not help but notice that this area under the seat would make for a lot of really good storage. Under the center section you could fit a pretty good size drawer. Anyone, and company have anything, done anything to fab up a storage drawer or the like? I was thinking of mocking up a cardboard model of a drawer and then maybe making a diamond plate storage drawer.... If I had some free time.

I think I could fit most of my off road gear under this seat, out of the way, with much room for the camping gear in the back.

Anyone have any good ideas for utilizing this space.

Thanks.
Covert Ops
Old 04-06-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have to tried to fold the seats down with the hi-lift under there. Lots of storage until you fold the seats, the bases tuck down into this area. Now if your not folding seat's it's awesome.

Ron
Old 04-06-2007, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I knew there would be a down side to this.

TC
Old 04-06-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

I had the same problem. Couldn't even keep a phone book under there with the seats down.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

I made the mistake of storing my Jeep window shade under the rear seat. First time I folded down the seat, I crushed it. :sad:
Old 04-06-2007, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

haha I also wanted to put my sub or amp under it...but yeaa right! haha
Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Could we get a pic of your put the high-lift under the your rear seat because I do not see how you did it. Thanks

Originally Posted by Covert_Ops
So I just put under my rear seat my 48" high-lift and bungeed it to the supports. Works great. I could not help but notice that this area under the seat would make for a lot of really good storage. Under the center section you could fit a pretty good size drawer. Anyone, and company have anything, done anything to fab up a storage drawer or the like? I was thinking of mocking up a cardboard model of a drawer and then maybe making a diamond plate storage drawer.... If I had some free time.

I think I could fit most of my off road gear under this seat, out of the way, with much room for the camping gear in the back.

Anyone have any good ideas for utilizing this space.

Thanks.
Covert Ops
Old 11-16-2007, 04:47 PM
JK Freak

Default Anyone know if the hi-lift case fits?

I've been tossing my hi-lift under the seat, too. It works great, but I'm thinking of getting the case:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92200_100.htm

Anyone know if it would fit under the seat?

ydobyna, I don't have pix, but as Whitesnake said back in '80-something: "just slide it in" gently, top first. I don't even use bungees to hold it.

Quick Reply: JK 4 Door Underseat Storage?