Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jk brakes heating up randomley

Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, The problem came back. I guess I'll try finding what caliper is dragging. Thanks for all your help, I'll keep you posted if I figure it out.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Angry

Ok, I took the rear left wheel off, then the caliper and the plunger broke apart in my hand. Think this is under warranty? My rear rotors are worn about 1/4" in, determined by the 1/4" rim around the outer edge of the rotor. The right rear has the same wear, but the front are barely worn, you can feel a slight bump on the edge of the front rotors. Any Ideas???
Old 03-20-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

They gave me a new caliper on warranty but I had to pay for pads. Where are you at in PA? I would say take it where I took mine, its the exact same wheel and same problem. They will probably give the same "never seen this before, just a bad caliper" b.s. I knew that the computer was putting the brakes on but they didn't believe me. I'm trading in for a new Rubicon in couple weeks so I quit caring.

Quick Reply: Jk brakes heating up randomley