Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Jk Diesel P0299 error code

Old 10-29-2015, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jk Diesel P0299 error code

Hi All, I am getting an intermittent (often weeks apart) check engine light and the vehicle goes into limp mode. I have an O B D 2 reader on my iPad and can see the P0299 code (( Low Turbo Boost). I have removed the MAP sensor and cleaned it. But got the code again today. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have experience with diesel JKs (please send them to America, FCA!), but I do with diesels in general. I would check for exhaust leaks in the down pipe up to the turbine and leaks in the intake tube down stream of the compressor and the intake manifold. Then look for leaks between the blow off valve, wastegate, and the pressure sense line. If no leaks are found, either vanes have been broken off of the compressor wheel and/or the turbine wheel and you're loosing boost from that, or a bearing within the turbo failed and it's slowing the turbine/compressor assembly down.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ChairRepairHeatnAir
I don't have experience with diesel JKs (please send them to America, FCA!), but I do with diesels in general. I would check for exhaust leaks in the down pipe up to the turbine and leaks in the intake tube down stream of the compressor and the intake manifold. Then look for leaks between the blow off valve, wastegate, and the pressure sense line. If no leaks are found, either vanes have been broken off of the compressor wheel and/or the turbine wheel and you're loosing boost from that, or a bearing within the turbo failed and it's slowing the turbine/compressor assembly down.
Thanks for your feedback. I've checked for loss of boost pressure and that at least seems ok. Again using my OBD 2 app on my iPad I monitored computer indicated boost pressure whilst climbing a hill. I'm getting 230kpa max pressure (just over 33psi). Also checked all hoses and found nothing.

I'm now trying to remove the EGR valve to see if it is stuck open or closed. I say trying because I have been at it for two days. You just can't get at anything on this Diesel engine.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a diesel JK but mine used to have a 3.6 and now has a Cummins swapped into it. I would check all the boots/clamps/piping for the intake and exhaust leading to the turbo and see if any of it has come apart or see if there are any rips/tears/holes in the boots causing a boost leak. Are there any funny whining or whistling noises during acceleration? If you have a boost leak there will be a high pitched noise that you can tell is not the turbo.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Gents, I found the problem. It was a cracked turbo hose just at the turbo outlet.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dingo4:
ratshosa (07-26-2021), Sadlerb_98 (08-01-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dingo4
Thanks Gents, I found the problem. It was a cracked turbo hose just at the turbo outlet.
can this be the cause for turbocharger under post p0299

Broken pipe at the turbo inlet

Quick Reply: Jk Diesel P0299 error code