Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK Half door questions

Old 02-16-2019, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JK Half door questions

I've had my JK since new, 9 years now. Recently I purchased used half doors. My JK is an 09. The doors are from a 14
i was hoping for just a simple plug and play type since they are the same. WRONG! The wiring plug is totally different, which leads to first question. Is there a way to retrofit the half door wiring to my Jeep. New plug is more rectanglular than mine.
Second question, Does anyone know where to find inner door diagrams that can show placement of the door lock cylinder parts. I have figured out by trial and lots of error that the cylinders have two different parts that connect the lock rod and the power lock actuator. Any help would be appreciated greatly.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Chad,

This may be of some help.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...-mopar-274874/
Old 02-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

This may or may not be helpful. (wrong years, but maybe it will work)

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Jeep-Accessories-82212943-Harness/dp/B00C2M4RYE
Old 02-23-2019, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Head over to quadratec and search for Mopar Half Doors, they'll have the assembly directions on the site. A friend of mine ordered the half doors years ago and I assembled them in the living room- from shell to completed door with locks installed. If I remember right, they came with two sets of harnesses to accommodate the power group as well as the manual group. I imagine you could splice somewhere between the two to make it work. Ebay should have the door harnesses you're looking for at a salvage yard and then you could splice inside the door.

Quick Reply: JK Half door questions