Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

JK turned 100,000........let the fun begin.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK turned 100,000........let the fun begin.

Well on thursday March 31st the rubi went in for the last warranty check up. They found the water pump was leaking and will be fixed under warranty, did not have to even argue the point. Also the same day I got the gas tank notice which extends the warranty on the part to I guess life.

So now that the warranty is off I can start mods on the jeep to get it the way I want. Looking at a 3 inch lift/ 35 tires and new gears to keep the crawl ratio at its best.

3 years and it flipped 100,000 kms on april 2nd.

Been a great 3 years stock, and Moab is on the horizon next year.

Life is good!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SwampRunner
Well on thursday March 31st the rubi went in for the last warranty check up. They found the water pump was leaking and will be fixed under warranty, did not have to even argue the point. Also the same day I got the gas tank notice which extends the warranty on the part to I guess life.

So now that the warranty is off I can start mods on the jeep to get it the way I want. Looking at a 3 inch lift/ 35 tires and new gears to keep the crawl ratio at its best.

Life is good!
yea. i wish i could wait out that time frame :( but due to no self restraints when it comes to this thing i will be voiding warranties within the first 6 months of having it! but let the fun begin!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SwampRunner

Life is good!
I have had my two years and just turned 60,000 miles. Finally needed a new set of tires so I sprung for suspension too. My is 2009 with unlimited powertrain warranty, kinda curious to see what they say about that. Good luck on your build.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Swamp, good luck with your mods. Glad you could wait until you went lift crazy, I have an understanding dealer and was able to lift it 2.5" without issues. Like you though, can't wait until I can go 4" with springs and the full meal deal without wondering if I am messing up warranty wise.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, u ahve a lot of self control. My jeep is only 18 months old and I have done a lot of stuff to it, lift, tires., regear, arb locker, TW driveshafts, bumper etc.... Only got 18,000 miles so far.

I had the lift on it with less than 6000 miles I think.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Self control for three years was tuff, was drooling over every JK lift I saw! This stock Rubi has been to Moab once and I crawled with the EOTB's in Ottawa last year. Had numerous hunting trips in northern Ontario and not once have I doubted the abilities of this jeep. But Metal Masher/Hells Revenge calls me

The next time I go to Moab (2012) is to climb all the rock and drink American Honey
Old 04-06-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

I don't want to screw up the warranty on my '07 rubi so I have to wait until it expires before I can lift it. Only 938,000 miles to go.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:41 AM
JK Freak

How long do the people with lifetime warranties have to wait? Since it is still somewhat untested, I wonder. Did the bankruptcy wash us out in real life? Or am I going to be 55 years old bringing this thing in for its 500k mile checkup and getting a new everything?

I just wish I could really know. Because if it is worthless, I want to slap a RIPP in there. Guess in some ways, a warranty is a hindrance.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

So far no problem with the warranty. Replaced the water pump, window regulator and the locker solenoid.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the 100,000 mile club. I have 108,000 on mine. Although, I didn't even wait a year (apparently like I said I was) before I modded it.
Thank you, Toad. I miss the Easter Moab in 2008 by 2 weeks. 2012 I want to get there to meet you all in person...............I Love this Place!

Two things that were reasons for waiting, I have a great dealer up here in Amherstburg Ontario. Darren Racicot is the man when it comes to customer care after the sale. This is the second Jeep from him, the first was my 2000 Cherokee and after warranty we lifted that Jeep and with 350,000 Km's all the bugs were gone before it turned over to my watch.

The second reason, I kind of like to see what these vehicles can do stock. I do not think anyone here would disagree is the best off the shelf 4 wheelin vehicle, bar none.

I guess by hangin around here for a while now, learning from those who have waded through all the different aftermarket kits. I see the best of the best and know where to go to get them.

Thanks to everyone for the knowledge you post.

Bob

Quick Reply: JK turned 100,000........let the fun begin.