Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

JKU Hard rock stock rock rails

Old 05-16-2017, 09:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JKU Hard rock stock rock rails

Hey I was curious has anyone measured their rock rails. I see there is about a 1 inch difference between the back of the rail vs the front of the rail. The back part of the rail protrudes into the wheel well on the rear of the JKU. Im curious if anyone else sees that? or maybe they were installed wrong from factory. Im about to upgrade to hutchison and 35s. I will post some photos after work. Either I will be cutting them or installing a new pair. I was thinking metalcloak overland fenders, rock raills if thiswill be the case before i buy rims and tires. The jeep is 2 months old with 6K on her already. I have to rotate my tires and check my wheel spacers i just installed. Headed to Rausch Creek this weekend from RICHMOND,VA.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are correct. If you going to install 35s and a lift you will need to cut a inch off back of the factory Rock Rails. I have cut mine on my 2014 and 2016 JKUs and I am running AEV 2.5 Lift and 35s Goodyear Duratracs. Easiest way to cut the Rock Rails is using a Compound Miter Saw with a Metal Blade. I have cut 4 set of Rock Rails, 2 sets for my Jeeps and 2 sets for friends Jeeps. Also use doubled sided tape when you put the end caps back in and you won't have a problem.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks!! i figured that would be the case.

Quick Reply: JKU Hard rock stock rock rails