Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

just WAndering...?? LOL

Old 05-31-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just WAndering...?? LOL

so has anybody cured the tendancy of the jk to wander all over the lane? mine is very difficult to keep going straight without ALOT of steering wheel supervision. Mine will also veer to the right as i drive thru a dip in the road. Also gets real crazy if i get a tire on a rised painted line ..it will actually veer quickly toward the direction of the line the tire is on. I think it needs some camber/caster adjustments but I'm afraid all the stealership will say it is because of the tires which is plausable but my jk was a handful when I test drove it.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

specs in signature ...
Old 06-01-2007, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

I am betting it is just you. My rubi drives straight and true.

Get it checked out.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Tires, pressure and the road have a lot to do with it. A road I travel to work has tire grooves which cause my jeep to track requiring lots of correction. The tires that I am running are soft compound which also increase sensitivity to road conditions. Tire size is also a big factor. I am running 35x12.5's. I have been playing with the tire pressure in an attempt to decrease the sensitivity. I ran stock tires and wheels with the lift for a week and did not see much of a change so in my case it is the tires.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:25 AM
JK Newbie

i have a the same problem, if im not paying attention like turning around to see in the back or look at the radio it will start to go to one side or the other....
Old 06-01-2007, 07:46 AM
JK Junkie

The only real wandering I've experienced is due to wind and axle hop over rough surfaces... on a smooth road without strong wind, I can let go of the wheel and it tracks true.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Newbie

it could possible be me not paying attention and my lazy arms moving over to the side and moving the car, haha
Old 06-01-2007, 09:16 AM
JK Junkie

It's probaby a combination of the size(width)/type of your tires along with tire pressure.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine tracks straight as an arrow..............and the roads here suck. Must be something wrong with yours. I used to own a Ford Exploder (please don't tell anybody) and driving that was like flying a damn helicopter...........you couldn't leave it to its own devices for a second or it would try to kill you.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mslc10
so has anybody cured the tendancy of the jk to wander all over the lane? mine is very difficult to keep going straight without ALOT of steering wheel supervision. Mine will also veer to the right as i drive thru a dip in the road. Also gets real crazy if i get a tire on a rised painted line ..it will actually veer quickly toward the direction of the line the tire is on. I think it needs some camber/caster adjustments but I'm afraid all the stealership will say it is because of the tires which is plausable but my jk was a handful when I test drove it.
If you still have your stock tires and wheels put em back on. If that fixes the problem you know where to start.

Quick Reply: just WAndering...?? LOL