Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just wondering...

Old 04-04-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just wondering...

How many automatic Jk owners (who don't have an aftermarket transmission cooler) still take their Jeeps out offroading and haven't had any problems with overheating their transmissions?
Old 04-04-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
How many automatic Jk owners (who don't have an aftermarket transmission cooler) still take their Jeeps out offroading and haven't had any problems with overheating their transmissions?
i take mine out, i had it over heat once with the stupid "hotoil" code so i took a cigg break and let the jeep cool down with the heat blarring, and i was back to playing after about 10 15 mins. but i did then i got my superchips and made the fan come on at a lower temperature to prevent the o shit situation. i plan on getting a cooler but havent gooten around to it yet. plan on doing it this summer though as extra pre caution. i take it out in the mud, water, climbing over trees and other obsticles youd find up here in western new york. i havent had it happen since.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It isn't necessarily the off-roading. Especially when using 4-lo.

My highest trans temps occurred driving mountain roads in 2wd. That and in traffic.
So I put on a cooler.

Wiser men than me say it is because of extended times with an unlocked TC causing the extra heat. I believe them.

Quick Reply: Just wondering...