Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

keep or trash warrenty

Old 08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keep or trash warrenty

I want to mod my jk but I have the warrenty what should I do open to all options
Old 08-13-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

What year JK and how much time/miles are left on your warranty?
Old 08-13-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why wait? If you wait for warranty to be expired to do your mods, what have you gained? 3 years of waiting for what you really want out of your jeep? So, lets assume your jeep will not break/fail over the next 3 years, then you mod it and with the mods comes happiness...3 years too late. Scenario #2, you don't mod and your jeep does fail at some point, they fix it for free, but you end up with the same parts/setup you wanted to mod originally... What have you gained? A free repair? NOT! You just got your jeep back the exact same way it was when you bought it, and now that the warranty is up, you'll finally get your mods...hmmmm, something to think about huh?

Life is short, don't wait for the stupid 3 years to mod.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by dogsonparade
What year JK and how much time/miles are left on your warranty?
It's a 09 and I'm paying for the life time power train
Old 08-13-2011, 10:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Poser
Why wait? If you wait for warranty to be expired to do your mods, what have you gained? 3 years of waiting for what you really want out of your jeep? So, lets assume your jeep will not break/fail over the next 3 years, then you mod it and with the mods comes happiness...3 years too late. Scenario #2, you don't mod and your jeep does fail at some point, they fix it for free, but you end up with the same parts/setup you wanted to mod originally... What have you gained? A free repair? NOT! You just got your jeep back the exact same way it was when you bought it, and now that the warranty is up, you'll finally get your mods...hmmmm, something to think about huh?

Life is short, don't wait for the stupid 3 years to mod.
Will that's just the thing its life time and I'm paying for it and my thought is can it and stop paying for it and mod my jk or keep the warrenty and mod it anyways but I don't want to mod it and then lose it all

Last edited by big c; 08-13-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont want real bug just a nice look its my daily driver so i dint want to go crazy and beat on it want it to look nice and rugged and last me
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think if you put 35's on it and break suspension/drive train parts, you should figure (budget wise) on the possibility it will not be covered. If they refuse coverage it will be a battle, at minimum, and could take time. Meanwhile, your DD is down.

Unless you have something in writing from the warranty company (be it the dealer or a third party), which you probably will not get.

Maybe you can get away with 33's and a small (or no) lift. Problem is it depends on the warranty company/dealer.

Do a search on here, you will see what I mean.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

My thoughts on this are if you buy a Jeep and then you are going to mod it! Why wait. They were trying to get me to buy the extended warranty when I bought my 2011 JK Unlimited. I kept telling them no! Then they told me that if I used any parts on it beside Mopar ones that my warranty would be null and void. Thoughts going through my head at that time "lift, tires, cai, exhaust, armor....."
Old 08-14-2011, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

What you need is mod-friendly dealer (and, yes, they do exist!) then you have the best of both worlds!
Old 08-14-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snowbdr88
What you need is mod-friendly dealer (and, yes, they do exist!) then you have the best of both worlds!
I gotta find on I don't want to do much just leveling kit bumpers and lights on stock wheels with 32 tires

Quick Reply: keep or trash warrenty