Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

knocking in steering wheel?

Old 05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i only notice it when its really hot out..maine doesn't get very hot this time of year but we had a couple of days in the 90's and it was REALLY noticeable, but when the temp is say, in the 60's or lower, nothing..i was driving today and it felt fine, wheel felt like it had more resistance..the other day when it was hot, it was as i described in the first post...im gonna take it into the dealer this week and have em look at it..the dealership i have is awesome
Old 05-23-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

mine too. since day one. feels like a clunk when I turn the steering at low speeds. Now I have death wobble perhaps there is a connection?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eeb24
mine too. since day one. feels like a clunk when I turn the steering at low speeds. Now I have death wobble perhaps there is a connection?
i dont know man there could be..its definitely the most annoying thing thats happened with my JK so far
Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have something similar to this. I only notice it sometimes. And most of the time its on my rutted out driveway.

Quick Reply: knocking in steering wheel?