Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Large Drink Holders for the JK

Old 03-14-2007, 10:40 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Large Drink Holders for the JK

Maybe I'm just an idiot, and most already knew this. But just in case there are any other idiots out there...

BTW, I searched and could not find any threads under "cup holder" or "drink holder" (of course you can't search for the three letter work, cup).

I had been struggling to find a good solution for holding larger cups in the JK. I found a couple of good solutions, but nothing great. I needed to clean the existing cup holder, so I was looking to see if it was removable. Sure enough it pops right out. And bam, there are my larger cup holders.

Just grab hold of the middle, and firmly pull up.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank you!

Originally Posted by Woods
Maybe I'm just an idiot, and most already knew this. But just in case there are any other idiots out there...

BTW, I searched and could not find any threads under "cup holder" or "drink holder" (of course you can't search for the three letter work, cup).

I had been struggling to find a good solution for holding larger cups in the JK. I found a couple of good solutions, but nothing great. I needed to clean the existing cup holder, so I was looking to see if it was removable. Sure enough it pops right out. And bam, there are my larger cup holders.

Just grab hold of the middle, and firmly pull up.

If you're an idiot, then I'm worse, because at least YOU figured it out on your own... I was getting p1ssed that I couldn't fit big drinks in the cupholders, and this should be a great solution. Thanks very much for sharing.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh good ....

geesus i'm an idiot.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Former Member

WOW....Who'd a thunk it?
Gotta get me some of that brain food.

Nice job!!!!

Now what do I do about my drinks flying out of the console mounted holders over the p-brake on my XJ? Anyone....HELP!!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never thought about that. Good find and looking out.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, you can include me in the idiot's list
Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default a bit more info for you.

Now that you've figured out how to take out the rubber insert for fitting larger cups, take the insert turn it side ways and shove it in the bottom of the center console. It should wedge in and give you a place for loose change etc rolling around inside there.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

This should easily be a $100 mod. Go to the bank and cash a check for $100 and pay your self!
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shouldn't this be moved to write-ups?

Ohhh..nice, maybe this is the undocumented bonus feature to make up for the lack of u-connect?
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jasson
Now that you've figured out how to take out the rubber insert for fitting larger cups, take the insert turn it side ways and shove it in the bottom of the center console. It should wedge in and give you a place for loose change etc rolling around inside there.
Interesting idea... a lot better than supergluing a cup to the bottom of the console... Your tone makes it sound like you've got a few more interesting mods up your sleeve... care to share?

Quick Reply: Large Drink Holders for the JK