Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.

LED Tail Bulbs

Old 10-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 422 Posts
Default LED Tail Bulbs

So, of course, we can't buy much up here in Canada but am looking for LED tail lamp replacements for my 2008. Once a few years back I bought some LED bulbs from Walmart for my 2008 Dutch Star Motorhome down in the US of course. They were really bright and even showed up bright with sun shining on them. So big question is does anyone know where to buy some bright LED lamps and a catalog number. Not going to cough for new LED taillights though. No performance advantage.

Thanks for any help
Old 10-20-2020, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I bought some high dollar Phillips LED red bulbs and they were useless. You couldn't see them during the day at all. My reverse light bulbs on the other hand are overkill bright and they're just the eBay special. I wouldn't put a cheap eBay light bulb in my brake lights though, but that's personal preference.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Found some at Walmart in the US. Getting them brought up by friends so shipping is free. They say they have load resistors built in but we will see. They are bright and I will lay some silver adhesive tape in behind the bulb to reflect the backlight out to the rear.
Old 10-24-2020, 02:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I bought some high dollar Phillips LED red bulbs and they were useless. You couldn't see them during the day at all. My reverse light bulbs on the other hand are overkill bright and they're just the eBay special. I wouldn't put a cheap eBay light bulb in my brake lights though, but that's personal preference.
I agree!
I did the same cheap thing!
Useless.
Bought entire new LED housing, as in the whole new unit.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Not going to waste money on new lights. Would rather spend the money on something suspension. Earlier on I stated my install of lamps on my motorhome tail and blinkers. They were the best LED bulbs I had ever seen and they were from Wallymart. On order now. Will report after install.

Quick Reply: LED Tail Bulbs